Return to my country during the state of emergency in Peru

Esta página también está Disponible en Español

If you were visiting Peru when the national emergency was declared, and you have already purchased a ticket to fly back to your country between March 16th and March 30th, you can register on the list that the peruvian Ministerio de Turismo y Comercio Exterior (Mincetur) has enabled so that the consulate and/or embassy of your country could coordinate your return.

After you register your information, it will be sent to your country’s consulate and/or embassy so your nation’s government could coordinate with the local authorities in order to, in an exceptional manner, enable a return flight.

The state of emergency came into effect on Monday, March 16th, at 11:59 PM and it closed all frontiers as mentioned on this official document: Decreto Supremo Nº 044-2020-PCM. This measure suspends all the international transportation of passengers by land, air, sea and rivers.

  • Passport.
  • Ticket back home (for flights scheduled from March 16th to March 30th).

Modalidad: Online

Do it Online:

If you meet the requirements, complete the following form.

Register to return to my country

If you need more information, please contact iPeru through an email to or, or write them on WhatsApp at +51 944 492 314 (only texts).

  • Mandatory social immobilization: until February 14, 2021, from Monday to Sunday, you will not be able to move on the street according to the alert level of the place where you live at the following times:
    • Extreme: Ancash, Pasco, Huánuco, Junín, Huancavelica, Ica, Apurímac, Lima and Callao, during 24 hours.
    • Very high: Tumbes, Amazonas, Cajamarca, Ayacucho, Cusco, Puno, Arequipa, Moquegua and Tacna, from 8:00 p.m. to 4:00 a.m. the next day.
    • Alto: Piura, Loreto, Lambayeque, La Libertad, San Martín, Ucayali and Madre de Dios, from 9:00 p.m. to 4:00 a.m. the next day.
  • Vehicle restriction: in areas with extreme alert level, the use of private vehicles is prohibited. In areas with a very high level, use is prohibited on Saturdays and Sundays. In areas with a high level, it is prohibited on Sundays.

You can leave only if you work in the economic activities allowed according to your region with your work pass. Also, if you need urgent or emergency medical attention because your life or health is at serious risk, or to acquire medications.

Protect the lives of our siblings with risk factors: children, the elderly, patients with chronic disease, cancer or immunosuppression. #LetsNotLowerOurGuard.